Thursday, September 16, 2021

September 1999 - page 2




1.
who am I today...  or yesterday,
or the day before?
who will I be tomorrow or the
day after that?
against whom will I be measured
or thought of...  when my name
is called and I stand before
all your glory?
will you recognize me...
it is I or another you prefer
or long for as the days go by?

2.
my heart is not my own
it belongs to you...  but it
remains an orphan because
you need it not to live
your life as you want to.

3.
I read lessons about the Bible
and the teachings of our Lord
and of Jesus...  but it puts me
closer to whatever it is for
which I search and I wonder
if there is someting I am
missing or not doing right.

4.
my thoughts are always
on you and what I wish we
had if you were mine.

5.
did you forget to call or was
this intentional...  so you could
have some ammunition against
me as to what I have been
doing or have not been doing?

6.
walk in my footsteps if you will
for a day or twoi and see life as
I do...   as I mustg do the same
for you...   and when these days
are over it is my belief we will
want our own lives back again.

7.
I wish I knew what was
on your mind each day
and how you really 
thought about me any.

8.
what I would like to do and what I
can do...  or, what I will let myself do,
are tow different things...  and, I wish
I had the stamina to always go the
distance with any of these choices.

9.
I live in a deep well of introspection
always seeing what I do as not good 
enough and showing behavior to
reinforce it all...  and...  I worry about
which fear of mine will get me first.

10.
you have no reason to act the
way you do...  no reason at all,
and I am always disappointed
because of what you want to doi.


No comments:

Post a Comment