Tuesday, August 17, 2021

April 1999 - page 2

1.
I have uncertainty with my mental state,
I have uncertainty with my marriage,
I have uncertainty with the work I do
and in what I am learning to do...
I have uncertainty in my future retierment,
I have uncertainty with my family,
I have uncertainty with liking myself
and in finding our what I want to do,
I have uncertainty in the way I think or 
act even with what I want to say...
I have uncertainty in my religious beliefs
and in my own faith and in my purpose,
I have uncertainty in my love life and
in my greadually declining sexual desires,
I have uncertainty in all that I do or
think and yet I know I still must survive.

2.
can you just fly me up to new york city,
can you show me the sights and sounds,
will you let me stay in your house and
mingle with all of your weathly friends,
will you provide the respite I need to
clear my head and formulate my plan,
will you help me retrieve my dignity,
will you coach and guide me into  this
brave new world where I don't belong,
can you just fly me, just me, up to
new york city and let me taste what it
feels like to be free...   is it too much to
ask for this morning as I drink my coffee
or am I just feeling sorry for myself and
trying to run away froom all my problems?

3.
I want to use this year...  this last year
in the century to reflect upon my life
and see if I may understand what my
life has been about all these years or
not been about...  and, teach myself
to unlearn the bad or good habits that
I used to get me here...  to this place
where I am today...   I want to use
this year for that...  but I keep getting
side-tracked by the presence to whom
I am attracted and from whom I must
finally break free and acquire the 
taste to take responsibility fro my own
happiness...  when...  after all it is or was
(soon to be that is) my nature not to
think I deserved any of this...  forcing
me to always draw upon another.

4.
my mind is a lonely place
for me these days finally
seeing that while I may\
have had talents, I never
developed any of them,
consequently finding
myself beyond middle age
with a bunch of dreams
and mediocre abilities.

5.
how do I find myself
how do I search for that
which never was?
how do I begin to imagine
the career to pursue
at this age?
how do I compete with
males and females
half my age and who
are much more gifted
that I ever was and
who decided not to 
waste it like I did?

6.
I sleep alone
I think alone
I dream alone
I exercise alone
I take showers alone
I have sex alone
I am depressed alone
I am never happy
mostly sad...
wishing.
always wishing...
for what I think I want
to come to me
rather than 
making it happen,
I alone
control my life
my destiny...
I alone
pilot the ship
in which
I am aboard,
there is no one to
help me
not even god
since
soul searching is
an individual thing
to do which
is why I am
always alone.

7.
I cannot by hook or crook
find out what it is I want
out of life and where it is
these next few years I am
going...  and, who it is that
will accompany me or
not aaccompany there...
and if...  this journey I
must take must also be
accomplished on my own.

8.
everything I try to earn
falls short of my grasp
and yet, I keep trying,
oftentimes more strenuously
than before until my outlook
takes on its bitter attitude
making everything worse.

9.
she sleeps in another bed soundly
as she conveys immunity to my
apprehensions and fears that come
from not being the one with whom
before she had first fallen in love.

10.
If she wants to go I wish she would
because I believe that would be easier
for us than if she remains close by,
teasing and tormenting just to make
sure that I am really missing her.


No comments:

Post a Comment