Thursday, August 19, 2021

April 1999 - page 4


1.
there are ninety more minutes
before I must leave,
ninety minutes to put these words
and more on paper,
I see that these minutes don't seem
long enough for what I must do,
but for me, these ninety minutes
could actually last forever.

2.
I don't appear too motivated,
I don't appear too happy,
I don't appear not so depressed,
I don't appear less anxious
or less worried but I do appear
a little calmer than before.

3.
rent goes down by about as much
as my car payment goes up,
give or take, so I should be pleased
that nothing has changed, but I
don't want to break even I
really want to get ahead of it all.

4.
doctor...  doctor... everywhere
how come you charge such high fees?
patient...  patient...  everywhere
how come you get so sick?
it doesn't matter what you have
because in the end everyone goes.

5.
I had one dream maybe two last night
but I cannot remember either...  I had
one argument maybe two last week
but I cannot remember either...  no need
to worry my friend because what what
we have is more that what you want
to know or see...  it is spiritual and
metaphysical...  it is an awakening that
manifests itself inside our feelings and
inside what we believe to be the truth...
I had an experience maybe two yesterday
and both of them changed my life.

6.
I have a need to be cared for and loved
and babied but it is difficult for me to
return those favors...   I have a need or
desire not to be alone but what I do
lays the foundation for that to happen.

7.
put yourself in my shoes,
I say to them...  before you
criticize and they said glady
for what we deal with each
day is far worse than anything
affecting you...  I left them
and was curious about what
they had said all day long.

8.
what I lack is the ability
to think that I can survive
without you...  you know
this and use it against me.

9.
I need to start doing what
I want to do, rather than
feel like I have to do what
you want to do all the time
or else you will leave me.

10.
I have done most anything
to keey from being alone
and resented it...  while
those around me took it as
a weakness, using that fear
to their advantage, especially
this woman I am with now.


No comments:

Post a Comment