Sunday, August 8, 2021

February 1999 - page 3

1.
I sleep with you
by my side and
I am comforted,
at peace as I lay
each night in the
arms of your love.
 
2.
my writing does not flow
like what I have read and
does not incorporate all
the clever references to
all sorts of other things;
my poetry has no rhyme
or stroyline or lesson to
learn, it is just thoughts
and feelimgs about how
I feel most of the time,
so, one could say and 
rightly so, that my poetry
is self-centered and my
words are words of how
I feel...  and all I know.

3.
there is a disturbance
in my mind that flows
like a water fall but
with no place to go.

4.
I wonder what gifts I possess
is what I have been thinking
about recently as I see what
others do and am envious, not
of their talent but with the fact
that they have found their way

5.
I can imagine anything
be anyone in my imagination
or in my dreams or
in my poetry but I choose
to be me andd write about
what I feel, think, and doubt;
I don't imagine anything really
except that my words might 
one day be shared but the
comman person does not
care too much for poetry..

6.
these days are packed full
all spent working productively,
healthy and invigorating,
but it has got to end and with
that comes frustration and
fear and anxiety that there
will be no money coming in.


7.
in a way, I wish we did not
have these expenses, so when
the bottom was again pulled
out from under us there would
be very little to cover...   but,
then what would be the point?

8.
there is little that I need but
there is a lot that you need,
and I have seen already that
when our relationship gets
difficult, you have no concerns
about leaving...  so, what's to 
say you will not do it again
maybe this year or the next...
but the fear of it happening
is always there and is always
perpetuated by your lack of
tolerance with events that
always seem to happening now;
how would you behave if you
were me and I were you?
would you invest in our future
or would you even care?
would you believe in my 
loyalty or would you rely on
the past to predict the future?
and, that is the way it is with
us...  and, frankly I have not 
the first clue as to how to
turn our lives around now.

9.
I miss the excitement of the
type of sex that you want to
make sure I experience when
I open the door to you...  I
would really want you back
and now you say that no only
did you not do it for that reason
but that I cann expect that type
of intensity to continue again.

10.
you sit like a man and I act
like a woman from the point 
of how we feel and show
how much we need each other...  
it is not that eith of us are wrong 
or right in what we want to do...  
it is more of an irony we have
reversed roles, I feel those roles 
will reverse again and you'll 
regret it when that happens. 


No comments:

Post a Comment