Tuesday, August 24, 2021

May 1999 - page 4

1.
if she is serious about how she feels
then she will call a real estate agent
and put our house up for sale today.

2.
I am not the same man that you knew before
althought I am confident you think that I am,
and I may exhibit some similar characteristics
but my focus and determintation is different,
as well as my willingness to look at and change
those internal feelings that have affected my
behavior for many years...  and if, you try to
measure what you think I will do based upon
how I have been in the past, then you will be
basing your actions on the insecurities of your
own false assumptions and will be forcing 
yourself whether you realize it or not to finally
take responsibility for your actions, rather than
finding a way to blame everything that you do
on someone else, and this alone will ease the
pain I have endured all those years living here.

3.
even in divorce you expect me to
take care of you until you are settled
and it is the nerve of your position
that angers me because you feel you
deserve more than you are entitled.

4.
I will not let myself be controlled by you
or pulled down to your level anymore...
my life changed ever since I have become
involved with you and I want more than
anything else to have my old life back...
and I am mentally prepared to do just that.

5.
I have no anger towards you
just disappointment and
perhaps that should be directed
more towards me than you...
who knows but what does 
matter is being able to see that
and consequently being able
to do something about it which
is what I plan to do tomorrow.

6.
it is weird how I use this time
to write down things that I
think or feel, realizing that no
one...  not even myself...  will
ever read them and knowing
that makes my writing anymore
like a complete waste of time.

7.
I came here for a little quiet time
to collect my thoughts and for the
most part...  this is what I find, but,
every once in a while a bus load
of refugees with their mothers
come in and disrupt my concentration
and all my points of view are distorted.

8.
I refuse to let myself be intimidated
by people and events outside of my
control...  yet, those words are easily
said since that is exactly what I do.

9.
I see you in my dreams
my fantasy woman
my friend
my lover
my partner
but you are as illusive
in reality as you
are in this dream.

10.
I weant to have what everyone
elses takes for granted and I
know that one day, it will all
come my way as long as my
patience continues and my
belief in what I am doing is
as strong as is my faith in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment