Tuesday, August 10, 2021

February 1999 - page 5

1.
it is a new month and
it has been four days
and my average volume
has remained the same,
but there is a weekend arriving
when little will be done.

2.
I am a quiet person
alone with my thoughts
most of the time, yet,
I am friendly and
'easy to get along with but
this only occurs in the classroom
where I appear as an 
actor on stage and I control
the environment,
and how we all behave
while in my mind I know
that once it is over
few will be recognized
few will be remembered
and I will always wonder
why I could not findd work
totally in the classroom.

3.
take me into your confidence
take me into your home
open up your heart to me and
tell me where you are from,
bring me your thoughts that
youo had when you were young,
and I will share with you what
my feeling are and both our
jobs will be finally donw here.

4.
I wish I had more wishes
because there is so much
I want to do, limited only
by my imagination which 
never seems not to have
something to be done.

5.
my mind races going over
yesterday's events...  what
will happen today and will
I be accomodating to the
point where I get invited
back for another day?  
my mind toys with the activities
planned and the fun and the flow
and if, whey will evaluate me
like those who came before.

6.
it would appear that
I hae been given a
second chance and
with this one not
only have I been 
given life but a
some fantasy too.

7.
I try to imagine what
this will be like but no
one can predict with
complete accuracy and
limited understanting.

8.
I live with the thoughts of you
firming in my mind...  I live with
the notion that you have others
in mind...  I live with the belief
that I need you more that you
really need me...  I live with the
attempt to take one day at a time...
I live with the fear that you or
I will really want out this time.

9.
each day I go through the same
routine which sets the tone on
how the day will unfold...  and,
when there is too much fluctuation
with the parameters of this routine
the will wil be too difficult to
predict that carefully anymore.

10.
I live inside the mental institution
of the mind where I calculate most
all of my overtime by not taking
this life or any other too seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment